The GeoWomen Team has arranged a lineup of inspirational women in the geosciences to present for our regular lunch hour Speaker Series beginning this fall.
2021-2022 Virtual Speaker Series Season
- September 21, 2021: “Mapping your Future: Navigating Challenges while Creating Opportunities ~ Carrie Youzwishen.
- October 4, 2021: “Critical Minerals: Endowment and Future Growth in Three Provinces” ~ Paulina Branscombe, Melinda Yurkowski & Michelle Nicolas.
- October 19, 2021: “Starting a Consulting Business (Part 1 of 2): Perspectives from an independent consultant and an accountant.” ~Eva Drivet and Rhonda Harris
- November 16, 2021: “Starting a Consulting Business: Part 2” ~Michelle Saquet
- January 18, 2022: “Starting a Company in the GeoExchange Space (A University of Calgary Avatar Innovation program)” ~Ashlee Kingsbury, Julie Morter and GeoConnect
- February 15, 2022: “APEGA Wage Grant and 30 by 30 Initiative” ~ Mohamed Al Daly
- March 15, 2022: “Discovering your passion in the cean energy future” ~Rochelle Longval
- April 26, 2022: “Creative Leadership for Better Decisions in Uncertainty” ~Dr. Caroline Brookfield
- May 17, 2022: “Board Ready Women” ~ Heather Culbert and Jennifer Koury
2020-2021 Virtual Speaker Series Season
- August 11, 2020: “Intersectional Gendered Impacts of COVID-19” ~ Marcie Hawranik, Canadian Equality Consulting.
- September 15, 2020: “Sharing the Journey: Navigating and Building a Geology Career Through Life Changes” ~Genga Nadaraju; President Lesha Services Ltd.
- October 20, 2020: “Flailing Up” ~ Jennifer Turner;
- November 17, 2020: The intersection of geothermal, the energy transition and the petroleum geoscientist; reflections from an early Pivoter ~Jeanine Vany, EVP Geoscience, Eavor Technologies
- December 15, 2020: GeoWomen is taking a break for December. See you in the new year!
- January 19, 2021: Discussion of Indigenous Relationship with the Land, Understanding the Treaties and the Intent of a Proper Land Acknowledgement. ~ Jessica Vandenberghe, P.Engg, M.Sc.
- February 16, 2021: Dealing with Adversity: The Journey of a Hard of Hearing Female Geologist. ~ Jennifer Kingsbury.
- March 16, 2021: Rediscovering Myself as a Geologist During a Pandemic ~ Yulini Arediningsih
- April 20, 2021: Leaning in and pursuing new oppotunities. ~Shelley Leggitt
- May 18, 2021: 2020 A Year of Grief and Resilience ~Lorena Moscardelli
- June 15, 2021: Pivoting to Sustainable Energy: What does it mean and how does a Geologist fit in? ~ Maren Blair
All presentations are FREE – All genders welcome – No membership required
Register at: CSPG GeoWomen Page