The GeoWomen Team has arranged a lineup of inspirational women in the geosciences to present for our regular lunch hour Speaker Series beginning this fall.
2020-2021 Virtual Speaker Series Season
- August 11, 2020: “Intersectional Gendered Impacts of COVID-19” ~ Marcie Hawranik, Canadian Equality Consulting.
- September 15, 2020: “Sharing the Journey: Navigating and Building a Geology Career Through Life Changes” ~Genga Nadaraju; President Lesha Services Ltd.
- October 20, 2020: “Flailing Up” ~ Jennifer Turner;
- November 17, 2020: The intersection of geothermal, the energy transition and the petroleum geoscientist; reflections from an early Pivoter ~Jeanine Vany, EVP Geoscience, Eavor Technologies
- December 15, 2020: GeoWomen is taking a break for December. See you in the new year!
- January 19, 2021: Discussion of Indigenous Relationship with the Land, Understanding the Treaties and the Intent of a Proper Land Acknowledgement. ~ Jessica Vandenberghe, P.Engg, M.Sc.
- February 16, 2021: Dealing with Adversity: The Journey of a Hard of Hearing Female Geologist. ~ Jennifer Kingsbury.
- March 16, 2021: Rediscovering Myself as a Geologist During a Pandemic ~ Yulini Arediningsih
- April 20, 2021: Leaning in and pursuing new oppotunities. ~Shelley Leggitt
- May 18, 2021: 2020 A Year of Grief and Resilience ~Lorena Moscardelli
- June 15, 2021: Pivoting to Sustainable Energy: What does it mean and how does a Geologist fit in? ~ Maren Blair
All presentations are FREE – All genders welcome – No membership required
Register at: CSPG GeoWomen Page